Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Be Content in God's Will

Then Jacob made this solemn vow
 “If God remains with me, watches over me throughout
this journey that I’m taking, gives me food to eat and clothes to wear, 
21 and returns me safely to my father’s house,
then the Lord will be my God,
  22 this stone that I’ve erected in the form of a pillar will be God’s house,
 and I’ll give you a tenth of everything that you give to me.” (Genesis 28:20-22 ISV)

Godliness with contentment is great gain.  But you must be content with what you have.  We didn’t bring anything into the world and it is certain that we can’t take anything out of it.  If we have food and clothing, we should be content with that. (I Timothy 6:6-8 Auth. Trans.)  Look at the birds in the sky: for they don't plant or reap, nor do they store up food in barns or silos; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Why do you worry about clothes? Meditate on the lilies of the field, how they grow; they don't work at it, nor do they sew: So if God clothes the grass, which is alive today, and tomorrow is baked in the oven, won't He even more clothe you?  Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? And not even one of them falls to the ground, without your Father. (Matt 6 Auth. Trans)

Don't store up treasures for yourself on earth, where moths decay and rust corrodes, and where thieves break in and steal; but store up for yourself treasures in heaven, where neither moths decay nor rust corrodes, and where thieves cannot break in and steal  For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also. Set your affections on things above, not on things on the earth. Don't worry in life about what you are going to eat, or what you are going to drink, nor even what clothes that you are going to put on your body. Isn't the life more than food, and the body more than clothing? (Matt 6 Auth. Trans)

Don't worry about tomorrow. Tomorrow will worry about itself.  There are enough things to worry about today to concern yourself with. (Matt 6:34 Auth. Trans )  Come on!Those of you who say, "Tomorrow, we're going to such and such a city and spend a year working there." You don't know what tomorrow will bring. Your life is like smoke that appears for a little while then dissipates. What you should say is, "If the Lord wills, we will live and do this or that." (James 4:15 Auth. Trans) Don't worry about anything. Instead, pray about everything. Tell God your needs and don't forget to thank Him for His answers. (Phil. 4:6 NLT) 


O God, I beg two favors from you;
    let me have them before I die.
First, help me never to tell a lie.
    Second, give me neither poverty nor riches!
    Give me just enough to satisfy my needs.
For if I grow rich, I may deny you and say, “Who is the Lord?”
    And if I am too poor, I may steal and thus insult God’s holy name.
(Proverbs 30: 7-9 NLT)








No comments:

Post a Comment