Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Lost in the Presence

 This past Sunday evening (2/12/22), I gathered with some believers at their house church about an hour and half from where I live. I only met them about 4 months ago, but it is as if I have known them my whole life. They are a group of believers who formerly were of the Amish faith, but accepted the full revelation of Jesus Christ and believe in the baptism of the Holy Ghost. I normally only am able to meet with them on Sunday mornings for their service, but the Lord made it possible for me to join them this past Sunday for their worship and prayer service. 

Immediately, as we began to sing worship songs, the Presence of the the Lord filled the room. As I was sitting there, I led out the chorus, "I Exalt Thee". I felt like I was carried away into the Spirit, but I was still conscience of those around me. Suddenly, I felt the Glory of the Lord fill the room like a great big tire or wheel spinning in front of me. I didn't see it with my natural eyes, but I could see it in my spirit like a Fire. The Holy Spirit reminded me of the Scripture from Ezekiel 1:4 - "a whirlwind came...a fire infolding itself". Then I realized that the very Throne of God was in our midst - the four living creatures, the elders about the Throne. Suddenly, the people in the room begin to sing, "Holy, Holy, Holy". A young sister led us in The Revelation Song, "Worthy is the Lamb Who was slain, Holy, Holy is He. Sing a new song, to Him Who sits on Heaven's mercy seat. Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord God Almighty, Who was and is and is to come. With all creation I sing, Praise to the King of Kings, You are my everything, and I will adore You. Clothed in rainbows of Living color; flashes of lightning, rolls of thunder. Blessing and honor strength and glory and  power be to You the only wise King. Filled with wonder awestruck wonder; at the mention of Your Name. Jesus Your Name is power, breath and living water - such a marvelous mystery."  I was so drunk in the Spirit, I couldn't move for sometime. 

Then, on Monday and Tuesday, that same Glory filled the atmosphere around me every time I began to worship. On Tuesday, I could hardly get dressed for work. I was listening to Hallelujah chorus from Handel's Messiah and I thought I would be raptured. Someone called my phone, while I was worshiping, and as God is my witness, the vibration of the ring was in time with Hallelujah Chorus. I got so lost in the Spirit, that I my movements were slow and retarded. My tongue felt thick, my words were scrambled, and I just kept laughing.

The world has their own version of being drunk, i.e. liquor, wine, beer, etc, but all these leave one feeling worse the next day. When one gets drunk in the Holy Spirit, it only leaves him feeling better and greater the next day. And while all these emotions feel good, there is something happening way beyond the realm of feeling and emotion. God is changing by His Spirit into the Image of His Son, from glory to glory (2 Corinthians 3:18). 

I had several things during the day, yesterday, that were so strange. Visions and memories that came that were so random and out of the blue. They didn't bring sorrow, but they didn't bring happiness. But it was as if I was just floating from one thought to another. All I could say about it was I was lost in the Presence of the Holy Ghost.

No comments:

Post a Comment