Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Where I Go, You Cannot Follow Me Now...

This is a continuation from the video blog of What I'm doing now you know not.

NEW JERUSALEM – THY KINGDOM COME

Little children, yet a little while I am with you. You shall seek Me: and as I said to the Jews, Where I go, you cannot come; so now I say to you. -- Where I go, you cannot follow me now; but you shall follow Me afterwards. -- Let not your heart be troubled: you believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. And where I go you know, and the way you know. -- Jesus saith: I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by Me. John 13:33; 36—14:1-4;6
And Isaac brought her in to his mother Sarah's tent, and took Rebekah, and she became his wife; and he loved her: and Isaac was comforted after his mother's death. Genesis 24:67 Notice that there were other tents in Abraham's “home”. Isaac did not leave his father's house. But he brought Rebekah into the tent of his mother, who had recently passed. In Bethany, I had the wonderful privilege of visiting a Palestinian home, just a little ways away from the tomb of Lazerus. This house was more like an apartment building in that the Patriach and Matriach of the family lived on the ground floor. On the next floor was the eldest son and his wife and above them the next son and his family, etc. In a sense, this was Abraham's kingdom, just as it is with this Palestinian family.

By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing where he went. By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise: for he looked for a city which has foundations, whose builder and maker is God. Hebrews 11:8-10

These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth. For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country (Greek: Patrida: Fatherland). Hebrews 11:14 But you are come unto Mount Zion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels... Hebrews 12:22

And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself shall be with them, and be their God. -- And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues and talked with me, saying, Come here, I will show you the bride, the Lamb's wife. And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and showed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal; and had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel. -- And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb. Revelation 21:1-3; 9-12; 14

 When we are praying, "Thy Kingdom Come", this is what we are asking for in its fullness!  The New Jerusalem. The City of the Living God. We are seeking a country (not just any country, but our Homeland) and in praying, "Thy Kingdom Come", we are asking God to bring us into that Kingdom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment