Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Roots of the Torah

Tree of Life
I view the Torah as a Tree of Life. It's roots are in Genesis where "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth" and then God began to build upon creation day by day, until on the seventh day "He rested from all His work." He created everything that would ever be in the earth at that time - in seed form. And the Tree began to grow. First, God taught Adam and Eve morals of life, then He entrusted the Seven Laws to Noah and his sons, through Avraham He gave the covenant to the Jewish people and blessed the nations of the earth. Finally, He established His Torah with the Jewish people by Moses in the Wilderness.

He placed leaves on the tree by the prophets reminding the people of His Word. The fruits are the actions of the people who live according to His Torah - such as the Writings and the New Testament.

The Apostle John started his gospel by stating, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God," and then he goes on later to state, "and the Word became flesh and tabernacled among us." This signifying that the Torah had taken on human form.

We will later discuss how that applies in a posting on "God is Love". Please continue to follow along with my postings and I will do my best to faithfully share my studies. If you do not agree with something I have written, please understand that this is only my views. I do not encourage nor attempt to persuade you to accept my point of view as Gospel.

Thanks
JoNathan

3 comments:

  1. This is an incredible start. I shall be your first faithful Blog follower and learn from you, what you have studied and learned along your path!

    I am excited that you have chosen to write about what you learned. This will certainly be an interesting journey for me. It will take me along the winding path of education that is far less traveled in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do we get a profile picture of you in the near future?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, bub, This is beautifully and interestingly written. I am honored to be a follower of your blogging:)

    ReplyDelete