Saturday, June 29, 2024

He Sent His Word

 So shall My Word be that goeth forth out of My mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall PROSPER in the thing whereto I SENT it. Isaiah 55:11

I emphasized two words, that I might make a point. The word Proper in Hebrew is tze'li'ach. It means to have much success, to break out. It's like having a full trash bin, but you don't want to take it out, so you press down the contents so that you can get more in. A good picture of this is Jesus words: give and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. Luke 6:38. I have often bought flour or rice and poured it out into a solid storage container. Just when it seemed the container couldn't hold anymore, I would shake the container and tap it on the counter causing the contents to settle down. Then there was plenty more room. This is the picture of God's Word prospering.

The next word I emphasized is the focal point of this article. The word in Hebrew for SENT is Sha'li'ach. It simply means sent. But it is also the translation used for the word Apostle or emissary – one who is sent.

One of the most beautiful illustrations of this I can find in the New Testament is where the centurion comes to Jesus:

And when Jesus was entered into Capernaum, there came unto him a centurion, beseeching Him, and saying, Lord, my servant lieth at home sick of the palsy, grievously tormented. And Jesus saith unto Him, I will come and heal him. The centurion answered and said, Lord, I am not worthy that thou shouldest come under my roof: but speak the Word only, and my servant shall be healed. For I am a man under authority, having soldiers under me: and I say to this man, GO, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh, and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it. When Jesus heard it, he marvelled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel. And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven. But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. And Jesus said unto the centurion, Go thy way; and as thou hast believed, so be it done unto thee. And his servant was healed in the selfsame hour. Matthew 8:5-13

Notice the words that were highlighted? The centurion realized that Jesus had the power to only speak the word and it would be accomplished, much the same way that when he gave a commandment to a soldier under him, there wouldn't be any delay. It would be done. Jesus was fulfilling Psalm 107:20: He SENT His Word and healed them, and delivered them from there destruction. God's Word calls for action. When He sends His Word, things move. Psalm 147:15 says, “... His Word runneth very swiftly.”

In John 1:1-3 we read: In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. the same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by Him; and without Him was not anything made that was made. Only a few verses down, in verse 14 we read: And the word was made flesh , and dwelt among us, (and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father;) full of grace and truth. Jesus was the WORD made Flesh. Hebrews 4:12 says,The Word of God is quick [living] and powerful and sharper than a two-edged sword piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit and of the joints and marrow and is a discerner of the thoughts and intentions of the heart. The Word of God is not a thing. The Word of God is HE, not it. He is the Word. The Word is a Person. 

No matter the distance in the natural, we can pray one for another, and there is no distance. It is faster than the fastest internet signal. I often find myself praying for others and claim this Scripture: SEND thee help from the sanctuary, and strengthen thee out of Zion. Psalm 20:2. When we pray this prayer, we're asking the Almighty to dispatch His Word of deliverance, healing or whatever help might be needed, to the person we are praying for. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment